I. Ball mill
1) It can be used for many kinds of materials, continuous production without stopping and big capacity.
2) It can work in different environment, dry grinding and wet grinding.
3)Easy to operate and maintainence.
4) Enviroment friendly, no power pollution to the workshop.
1) Work efficiency is very low, its efficient power utilization(power used for materials’ grinding) is only 2% to 7%, most of the power is comsumed for other areas, mainly changed to be heat and sound power, it is big waste for power. Take cement for example, it consums 70 KW/H for 1 MT. Really big consumption for power.
2) Ball is very cumbersomea, taks big area of wrokshop, especially for some bid models, its weight is hundreds of tons, and big investment for it.
3) Ball mill’s configurations are very expensive, because its cylinder shell’s running speed is very slow(about 15 to 25 RPM) , so it needs to use special motor with higher price, if use common motors, it must add expensive reducers.
4) Production cost is very high,when impacting and grinding the materials, grinding body will be abrased, scaleboard inside the cylinder shell and some other spares will be abrased too. According to analysis, each ton of cement production will consumed 1 KG of iron.
5) In order to start ball mill, it will cost a lot of power, once started, no stopping , or else, big waste for power.